NOTE: CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK, NEXT BATCH DUE END OF JANUARY, YOU CAN PRE ORDER 🙂
Snappier firing and better control for high power gas use
Our simple yet effective High Speed Buffer (HSB) spacer serves to reduce semi auto shot cycle time, manage recoil energy when using high power gas & give better shot consistency.
We love a TM MWS and its definitely a hard gun to improve on from standard, but we endeavor to increase the performance and realism of this great GBBR, no one really owns a GBBR for an insane rate of fire, but for the realism and performance it gives on semi auto – so we have spent a lot of time trialing different preloads and other recoil buffer springs to make our SixG HSB spacer a product that works and is an improvement over the original.
The SixG HSB spacer is designed to improve the overall performance of the gun and to protect the buffer – especially when using high power gas, it is not intended to increase recoil.
UPDATED 12/05/2020: VERSION 2 HSB Spacer – incorporates rubber bumper and is finished in chemical black for corrosion resistance.
SixG HSB Spacer performance benefits:
- NEW – rubber bumper provides soft impact for the end of stroke bumper, further reducing the possibility of a shattered “buffer part B”.
- Reduced shot cycle time – hence the name ‘High Speed Buffer’ – bolt carrier group (BCG) returns to battery faster ready for the next shot.
- Increased buffer spring preload and progression control excess recoil energy when using high power gas – protecting the gun from violent shock and vibration, without the penalty of high gas consumption that stiffer buffer springs use.
- Typical 8 FPS power increase over standard buffer spring only.
- The increased preload along with the faster return to battery seats the nozzle into the bucking firmly for a better gas seal.
- Still utilizes the MWS end of stroke bumper.
- Installs in seconds – no tools required!
- Chemically blacked for corrosion resistance
- And the best bit… reduces the MWS recoil ‘twang’ in your ear!
GAS CONSUMPTION TESTING:
Standard MWS – 104 BBs on single gas fill – Abbey VERTEX – 18c ambient temp
SixG HSB spacer – 99 BBs on single gas fill – Abbey VERTEX – 18c ambient temp
As can be seen gas consumption increase over standard buffer spring is only 5 BBs per single gas fill, realistically in play you would not run more than 2 full loads (70rds) on 1 gas fill so the consumption is nullified.
RATE OF FIRE TESTING:
Standard MWS – Baseline figures on 0.2g BB
Standard MWS with SixG HSB spacer – Comparative figures on 0.2g BB
- Faster semi auto ROF – due to faster return to battery
- Slightly slower full auto ROF – due to increased work (stiffer recoil system)
- Increased FPS due to nozzle bucking seal improvement – typically 8 FPS, full auto FPS is not accurate to measure.
- Increased shot FPS consistency due to nozzle bucking seal improvement
To fit the following models;
- Marui GBBR – CQBR / BLOCK 1 MWS
- Marui GBBR – M4 MWS
- Marui GBBR – M4A1 Carbine
- Marui GBBR – MTR16
NOTE: CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK, NEXT BATCH DUE END OF JANUARY, YOU CAN PRE-ORDER 🙂
HOW TO PURCHASE: SixG HSB Spacer £31.00 including UK mainland delivery, please email us with your order.
HOW TO – INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Remove magazine
- Check bolt is forward / pull trigger with fire selector on SEMI
- Pull rear receiver pin
- Open upper reciever
- Push buffer spring retaining block down
- Release and remove buffer spring
- Push in SixG HSB with rubber bumper facing towards butt stock
- Lubricate spring with supplied Moly-slip grease re-fit
- Close reciever
- Re-fit rear receiver pin – GOOD TO GO!